As Phlebotomy Program Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operations of the UCLA Phlebotomy Program, which has a 99% passing rate on the state certifying exam. You will collaborate with the program director and instructors to ensure quality clinical instruction and rotations, student testing, and policy recommendations.
In the role, you will also:
- Review and track student prerequisites for student eligibility and certification
- Handle scheduling for students, clinical instructors, skills lab, etc.
- Focus on quality improvement
- Present full lectures in classroom and/or online setting
- Coordinate practical skills and provide mini-demonstrations
- Management of online learning management system
This is a full time 1-year contract appointment that may convert to career.
- Must have one of the following: Current certification/licensure as California Certified Phlebotomy Technician-1 (CPT-1), California Certified Phlebotomy Technician-2 (CPT-2), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Registered Nurse
- 36 months (3 years/40hrs per week) minimum of phlebotomy work experience in an inpatient or outpatient setting
- 12 months minimum of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge and skill in phlebotomy procedures and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program and student accreditation and re-accreditation processes with California Laboratory Field Services
Baccalaureate degree in health related field such as nursing, health care administration, health care education, emergency medical services or a related field
Current provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) in BLS
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: